Investing in Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Health in Francophone Africa: Can We Do Better?
▶ MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019 – 1PM TO 3PM
We are very pleased to invite you to our side event during the Women Deliver conference (Vancouver), on Monday, June, 3 from 1PM to 3PM (rooms 205-207).
25 years after the adoption of the Cairo program, this symposium aims at reviewing access to Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in Francophone Africa, region often forgotten of international meetings. SRHR will be discussed as major lever of empowerment and gender equality. What are the findings, mapping on the implementation of SRHR within French-speaking Africa? How to mobilize resources? A focus will be put on committed and promising initiatives, especially on mobilizing civil society organizations. The challenges will be addressed from the perspective of change and investment actors on gender equality.
– Ms Kareen Rispal, French Ambassador to Canada
– Ms Laurence Ilboudo Marchal, Minister for Women, National Solidarity, Family and Humanitarian Action of Burkina Faso
– Ms Alexia Carine Hountondji, Network of West Africa Young Feminists, FP Youth Ambassadors Network, Member of the Youth Parliament in Benin
– Pr Charlemagne Ouedraogo, President of the Society of Gynecologists and Obstetricians of Burkina Faso (SOGOB)
– Ms Annie Mody, NGO Afia Mama, Democratic Republic of Congo
– Ms Lisa Williams, Equality and Women’s Empowerment Division, OECD
– Mr. Alex Lemay, Deputy Director, Amplify Change Fund
Room 205-207 Vancouver Convention Center
Vancouver, BC, British Columbia V6B 1B8